18 Sep An introduction to Olive Oil tasting course in London- Spanish Olive Oil School
The introduction to Olive Oil tasting course is a good approach to the world of Olive Oil as its content is open to everybody.
Introduction to Olive Oil tasting course content
First of all, we will go through these points:
- What is Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
- History of the Olive tree and Olive Oil.
- Olive Oil in the world, UK and Spain.
- The Olive Tree and the olive: cultivation, harvest, production, storage, labelling.
- Commercial categories.
- How to assess the quality by tasting the oil: positive and negative attributes.
- Healthy benefits of the Extra Virgin Olive Oil as part of the Mediterranean Diet.
- EVOO tasting and food pairing.
We will finalise tasting with a minimum of 6 oils and learning some tips on how to pair with different food.
Courses are all from 11 am until 2.30 pm (with a break of 30 minutes)
Price £80 p.p
Minimum 3 attendants
Location: Spanish Clapham House, block 3, 26-32 Voltaire Road, SW4 6DH London
Please let us know in advance if you have any diet restriction: vegan, celiac, nut-allergic etc
Our dates from September 2019 will be published soon!